Thursday 14 July 2011

Many a cross word


Since Monday we’ve been without Internet – I’ve been climbing the walls. No-one seems to have the slightest idea what to do about it either. And to crown it all, my South African BlackBerry access, that was working fine the first week I was back in Lagos, has stopped working. I’ll have to migrate my Nigerian MTN contract. Another day, another pain in the ass.

Besides the internet, everything else has been going flat-out. We have half a dozen campaigns in various stages of presentation and roll-out, which is stretching the agency to the limit.
 
Yesterday I went to see the Conoil client in Ikoyi. The traffic was average (read, bad) and we arrived 30 minutes late (read, miraculous). After a 20-minute wait, we finally kicked off a 3-hour meeting that left me exhausted. The long drive home was bad (read, bad) and we still had a bunch of ads to work on. I undertook to arrange the 23-odd cities serviced by Glo 3G into a crossword/Scrabble layout. Turned out I cut a rod, nay, cat o’ nine tails, for my own back. After labouring for two full hours I was going through the list to check I’d used all the names and realized with an icy shock of cold self-loathing that I had misspelt a word (Iloren has no e; that e should be an i, folks, lest it keep you up at nights). I had to deconstruct half the layout and start all over again. (I’d just like to thank the Crime Channel and Johnny Walker for keeping me going late enough to get through it).
3G coverage as at 14 July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment